Rules Change - Disposing of Large Household Items
Our trash service provider, Republic Services, has updated their guidance on how to dispose of large household items, such as old furniture, appliances or other heavy objects.
Large household items are any items weighing more than 50 pounds or longer than 4 feet in length, and only the items listed under ALLOWED will be picked up by Republic Services. Call or email Republic Services to preschedule a pickup for large items.
For more information CLICK HERE.
Thefts of Car Parts - Loudoun County Sheriff
The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office is warning of thieves targeting catalytic converters, tires and rims. The thefts are occurring during the overnight hours. Thieves are focusing on vehicles parked at apartment complexes.
Preventing Catalytic Converter Theft
- Security devices are available that attach to the converter, making it harder to steal. Having the converter welded in place also makes it more difficult to remove.
- If you have a security system on your car, calibrate it so vibration sets it off. This ensures the alarm activates if a thief tries to saw off the converter.
Preventing Tire and Rim Thefts
- Use wheel locks on each wheel, including your spare.
- Turn your wheels when parking. This makes the wheels harder to remove, because they get stuck in the wheel well. The car's steering column lock makes it difficult for the thieves to turn the wheels forward again without a key for the ignition.
- Install a car alarm that includes sensors that attach to the wheels.
SIGN UP For Important News From Ashburn Village
Friday Updates, closure notices, and other Ashburn Village news, is sent out by email blast. You can sign up online to get the emails, under StayConnected.
- GO TO: www.AshburnVillage.org and click on the Stay Connected! button.
- SELECT: Sign Up Now!
- ENTER YOUR INFORMATION: Be sure to select the AVCA – General Information
TRASH AND YARD WASTE
YARD WASTE - No More Plastic Bags
Please use either compostable paper bags or a customer owned toter, labeled as YARD DEBRIS ONLY, for grass clippings and leaves. Branches should be bundled and no longer than 4 feet. Please see the Trash & Recycling page for more detail.
YARD WASTE - Don't Throw It Into The Woods
Do not dispose of yard waste on common area, including wooded common areas. Yard waste is picked up every Monday.
COVID INFORMATION FROM REPUBLIC SERVICES:
NO OVERNIGHT PARKING
No Overnight Parking signs have been installed at the big playground lot near Silkworth, Gloucester and Glenburn.
This is to discourage the dumping of abandoned vehicles, parking by those who do not live in the Village, and to allow for plenty of parking for the residents that want to use the playground.
Vehicles that are parked overnight are now subject to towing.
Effective January 13, 2020, the Ashburn Village Community Association, Inc. Policy Resolution NO 2018-0828 Vehicle Parking will be enforced to address safety concerns and violations as identified by the policy. The HOA staff has posted notices and issued violations, but homeowners are still parking illegally and against the established policy and Loudoun County Ordinance 480.105.
Any vehicle parked improperly will be towed IMMEDIATELY, without notice or warning, at the car owner’s expense.
Improper parking may be, but is not limited to (click here for parking infographic):
- Parking with any portion of the vehicle on the sidewalk.
- Parking in a manner that any portion of the vehicle extends beyond the end of the driveway and into the street.
- Parking anywhere on residential lawns or turf area.
- Parking on AVCA common area.
- Parking in any manner that impedes normal flow of traffic.
- Parking in fire lanes or “No Parking” areas.
- Parking in a manner that blocks the driveway.
If your vehicle has been towed, please contact Battlefield Towing at 703-378-0059.
This announcement applies to all residents and guests in Ashburn Village. The notice has been posted to the Ashburn Village website and was also hand delivered to all homeowners on the following streets: Acushnet, Cohasset, Cool Fern, Duryea, Florence, Mossy Brook, Paget, Quiet Walk, Rowley, Shady Glen.
Vehicle Parking Policy
The Board of Directors voted on July 28, 2020 to amend the Vehicle Parking Policy. Effective August 1, 2020, All residents must park on or in the direction of the driveway. All vehicles must be parked perpendicular to the plane of the garage.
The Board of Directors voted on August 28, 2018 to amend the Vehicle Parking Policy. Effective January 1, 2019, Vehicles parked in open spaces on AVCA property may not be covered at any time. Vehicles requiring covers must be parked in driveways or reserved parking spaces. Any vehicle with a cover in an open space will result in an immediate towing.
The full Vehicle Parking Policy is available online to all Homeowners.
Landlords must notify their tenants of any additions and/or updates to AVCA policies.