Click link below:
AVSP offers a variety of programs and classes for all ages and levels of fitness. For more information on AVSP's Active Adult Programming, please contact the AVSP at 703-729-0581.
According to the Active Aging Partnership (2001) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (2002), there are a variety of barriers that confront older adults when it comes to active participation in physical activity.
Here at Ashburn Village Sports Pavilion, we have worked conjunctively to break these barriers and to provide our large and growing active adult community with necessary programs and activities to improve quality of life.
What we offer:
- A well designed, safe facility that encourages regular physical activity among older adults.
- Emphasis on a whole range of health status --we accommodate to all fitness levels and capabilities.
- Our Nationally Certified Fitness Professionals are available at your convenience in setting up a complimentary orientation to devise a plan to start a safe and proper physical activity program. Contact Fitness Director, Ashley Cocoli, at email@example.com to set up your orientation.
- We offer a variety of free and paid classes for our active adult community to fit your specialized needs. Please see the flyer and brochure on the left hand sign for a list of classes.
- Provide resources for other professional guidance such as physical therapy, chiropractics, etc.
- Offer a variety of periodic educational workshops (Nutrition, Injury Prevention, Stress Management, etc).