April 6th Last Yard Waste Pick-Up (Updated)
The Board of Directors worked with Republic Services management to provide one Final Yard Waste pickup on Monday, April 6th. Starting on April 13th, Republic Services will suspend Yard Waste until further notice. Republic will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation to make sure they are doing the right thing for the health and safety of their employees, customers, and the communities they serve. Due to the recent surge in residential waste Republic Services is facing, they must temporarily modify services to keep our community clean and safe. Our number one priority is safety, and that is at the forefront of every decision we make.
Republic Services will provide one Final Yard Waste pickup on Monday April 6th. All limbs, branches and leaves must be paper bagged and cut down to size. They will not pick up any yard materials stored in plastic bags.
- For customers with carts, they will accept cart contents only. The crews will not pick up waste outside of the cart.
- For customers who do not have carted service, they will accept waste placed in sealed bags only.
- Bags cannot exceed 50 pounds.
- Yard waste and bulk waste programs will be suspended until further notice.
During the suspension of Yard Waste pickup, please modify your yard work routines to minimize yard waste, for example instead of bagging grass clippings, set your mower to mulch them. This is not ideal, but safety concerns and ensuring regular trash service is continued is our priority. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Sign Up For Important News From Ashburn Village
Friday Updates, closure notices, and other Ashburn Village news, is sent out by email blast. You can sign up online to get the emails, under StayConnected.
- GO TO: www.AshburnVillage.org and click on Stay Connected!
- SELECT: Sign Up Now!
- ENTER YOUR INFORMATION: Be sure to select the AVCA – General Information
AVCA Office Status
- The office remains open, but not to walk-in traffic.
- The office is being sanitized daily and staff is practicing social distancing within the office.
- We are no longer taking in-person appointments, unless absolutely necessary.
- We have suspended annual inspections, but will continue resale inspections, disclosures and responding to concerns or severe issues.
- Corrective periods will be extended.
- We’re still “planning” on opening the pools, but that too is looking less likely each day.
Following the recommendations from Loudoun County, ALL Ashburn Village playgrounds will be closed until further notice to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
It is very important to follow the State and County guidelines to slow the spread of this virus. This is a TEAM effort and as Ashburn Village community, we need to pull together and do our part by avoiding contact.
From the county:
... with the relatively warm weather, children out of school, and many of us at home, it is tempting to want to spend time outside and gather outdoors in open spaces, such as playgrounds. Loudoun County encourages everyone in the community to refrain from gathering in groups and encourages everyone to practice social distancing, which generally means maintaining 6 feet between you and others at all times.
Except when absolutely necessary, VDH recommends remaining out of:
- Public places where close contact with others may occur (such as shopping centers, movie theaters, stadiums, parks, playgrounds)
- Workplaces (unless office space allows distancing from others)
- Schools and other classroom settings.
- Local public transportation (such as on a bus, subway, taxi, ride share, plane, ship)