Updates from Virginia.gov (Updated)
- Entertainment and amusement businesses remain closed
- Fitness centers remain closed unless there is an outdoor exercise area
- Beaches are for exercise and fishing only
- Places of worship can have 50 percent indoor capacity and drive-through services
- Barbershops and salons will be appointment only with strict social distancing and a requirement of face coverings.
- Private campgrounds can reopen
- State parks will still be day use only, with a slow phase-in of overnight camping
- Child care remains open for essential workers only
- Overnight summer camps will remain closed.
- Policies to keep customers and workers separate at in-person businesses
- Conferences and trade shows limited, as short as possible
- No social gatherings of more than 10 individuals
- Short breaks for workers to wash hands
- Outdoor fitness activities only
- Governor Northam Delays Phase One for Northern Virginia Localities
- Governor Northam Announces Phase One Guidelines to Slowly Ease Public Health Restrictions (Phase One will begin no sooner than Friday, May 15)
- Governor Northam Issues Statewide Stay at Home Order (until June 10th)
Updates from Loudoun County (New)
Updates from Broad Run Supervisor (Updated)
Playgrounds Closed (Updated)
Following the recommendations from Loudoun County, ALL Ashburn Village playgrounds will be closed until further notice to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
It is very important to follow the State and County guidelines to slow the spread of this virus. This is a TEAM effort and as Ashburn Village community, we need to pull together and do our part by avoiding contact.
From the county:
... with the relatively warm weather, children out of school, and many of us at home, it is tempting to want to spend time outside and gather outdoors in open spaces, such as playgrounds. Loudoun County encourages everyone in the community to refrain from gathering in groups and encourages everyone to practice social distancing, which generally means maintaining 6 feet between you and others at all times.
Except when absolutely necessary, VDH recommends remaining out of:
- Public places where close contact with others may occur (such as shopping centers, movie theaters, stadiums, parks, playgrounds)
- Workplaces (unless office space allows distancing from others)
- Schools and other classroom settings.
- Local public transportation (such as on a bus, subway, taxi, ride share, plane, ship)