Posted on August 7, 2020 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Hello and Happy Friday
Calling all Ashburn Village tennis players. Men and Women!!! Please join our Tennis Committee. We currently have 7 women interested in establishing a new Tennis Committee. The Committee is responsible for planning tennis and pickleball social and making recommendations to the Board. If you would like to join the Committee, please email Ana at our HOA Office. firstname.lastname@example.org. Management will coordinate on Monday to host a meeting for all interested.
Call for Candidates
The nomination form is located in the August Villager and online. There are 2 open positions for this year's election. If you are interested in running for the Board, please fill out the form online and submit by Monday to be included in the September Villager.
The County met onsite last week to look at Beech Dam, as there has been a reported seepage for years. The County has finally agreed to fix the leak. Several engineers were onsite to assist with the investigation. Miss Utility will be out to mark all areas before any work begins. The County will contact the Association with a full report before they begin drilling or installing any pipes for observation.
It Takes a Village Virtual 5K/10K Charity Race September 11th-13th
Participate in our first virtual race form anywhere. All proceeds from the race benefit Callen’s Cause for SIDS research.
To register click here, all participants will receive a race t-shirt, commemorative bib, custom medal and other promotional items!
Distance Learning Program
The Youth Program at the Ashburn Village Sports Pavilion will host a Distance Learning Program for Ashburn Village Residents in elementary school. Due to COVID restrictions, per regulations we can only accept 16 children. Registration will be done on a lottery system. If we have more than 16 kids signed up by Monday August 10th. For more information on the program, please click the following links below
- Parent handbook
- COVID precautions
- Typical Day
- Registration packet
General AVSP Reminders
- Masks are now required when you enter and exit the facility. (They are not required when engaged in physical activity.)
- Temperatures will be taken when entering the facility
- Hours: Monday-Friday 6am-7pm and Saturday-Sunday 7am-5pm
- Teen Weight Training Hours Workout Days/Times: Monday - Thursday 8am-10am
- Teenagers between the ages of 12-15, are able to use the weight room & cardio area under the supervision of one of our Personal Trainers or Fitness Attendants during the designated time if they are teen weight trained certified.
- Teens must have a Parental Signed waiver on file and review the updated Social Distancing and COVID related policies in place (Included below).
- Teens must pick-up a wristband from the AVSP Front Desk upon arrival for Teen Workout.
Out of service weight machines
In order to ensure there is at least 6 feet of space between members when using the weight machines, every other machine has been placed out of service. We are alternating which ones are out of service weekly.
We have been having regular issues with members ignoring or removing the signs to use their favorite machines. Do not remove the signs and use the out of order machines. The six feet spacing is a re-opening requirement. If your favorite machine is out of service, please ask one of our trainers for alternate exercises to try.
Social Distancing on the gym floor
The gym floor has been laid out with social distancing in mind. We have taped off 6 feet box areas for members to stay within, created a walkway and have signs posted regarding social distancing and cleaning your equipment.
The spotting restriction comes directly from the state, copied below... "Facilities must also prohibit the use of equipment requiring more than one person to operate, unless those operating are from the same household (e.g., ...weights when it requires a spotter)."
Unless you are from the same household, you should workout within your own box area and keep a 6 foot distance as much as possible. This applies even if you are coming to the gym to workout with a buddy.
The four station cable machine does not allow for 6 feet of space between users, so only one member can use it at a time. It's not ideal, but again, it's a space requirement. You can absolutely do a set, step away and allow another member to work in and take turns.
Posted on July 17, 2020 1:35 PM by AVCA Management
Board of Directors
The Board and Management want to remind everyone that our next Board meeting is Tuesday, July 28th.
As soon as we are able, we will host our meetings at the Lakes Center again. Until then, we will host our Zoom Virtual Meetings.
Everything you need to know including updates is posted on our website: AshburnVillage.org.
- Paving, Sidewalks and Curbs are in progress.
- Multiple fountains are down due to fishing wire and the engines burning out. They are currently in the shop.
- The Landscape Committee has been busy completing their projects on the Boulevard. The new trees and landscaping are almost complete. The watering trucks are now in place.
- We have received multiple complaints regarding the maintenance and upkeep of the Ashburn shopping center. Management met with their Management company and walked the property twice. The entrance sign areas need to be weeded and mulched and all grassy areas maintained. They removed 36 stumps and are still trimming back trees. We will meet monthly for a punch list walk through.
- We also received complaints regarding the gas station on the corner. There seemed to be a pile up of vehicles, dead trees, no mulch and weeds galore. I met and spoke with all parties and they have removed the vehicles in their parking lot and are trimming trees and grass immediately. Trash, signage and debris have been removed. They pulled all weeds, planted flowers and laid black mulch yesterday! It looks so much better!
- Our residents must be compliant, so should all our rental properties and leases.
- 2 courts at the Mills- furthest court in the left grouping of two courts.
- 2 courts at the Pavilion- on court 2 next to the blue shed.
- 2 courts at the Woods- court closest to the blvd
- 1 court at the Lakes- furthest court under the lights.
There are 2 sets of Pickleball nets at the Pavilion for use. You must show your ID to take a net and bring it back to the Pavilion when done. We are trying to coordinate a plan to have nets at each court site.
A huge thank you to our AERC Committee and Covenants staff. The HOA office receives approximately 75- 80 exterior applications each month. The HOA staff processes these applications and forwards them to the AERC Committee to review and approve. Our Covenants team puts together the applications and will speak with each homeowner in regards to their modifications, if more information is needed. Some applications are easy and very detailed. Others require more information and a site visit. The AERC Committee, which is made up of Volunteers, will drive over and review the application and meet with a homeowner if needed. While the office staff is paid, our AERC Committee is made up of volunteers who spend hours each week reviewing applications. This is done as it is required per our Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Ashburn Village. We appreciate our AERC Committee and thank them for all their hard work. Our goal is to make the application process easy and to assist homeowners in their exterior modifications.
Laurie Ferguson and Terry Brickerd lead our Landscape committee. The work being completed on the Boulevard and around the Village has been in the works for over a year and a half. We have had many awesome volunteers and continue to ask homeowners to attend our landscaping meetings and volunteer. Part of the Landscape committee was a tree replacement and removal team that was headed up by one of our long time residents. We have ordered wall size maps of the association and are beginning to map out locations for replacements trees. A huge thank you to our Landscape volunteers past and present.
All areas to be paved will receive door hangers and signs will be posted. Once the actual paving begins you may NOT drive on that area for 24 hours. There will be plenty of signs and additional information to follow.
The Lakes and the Woods are open with 2 and half hour time increments. We ask that all residents practice social distancing. Please do not congregate around the ladders and hang on them. If you are with family you may sit together but if not you must sit at least 6 feet apart on the pool deck. All of this information can be found on our website.
Same reminders every update:
All dogs must be on a leash at all times. While on the leash please control the dog and not let your dog run across all the neighbors front yards / private property.
Pick up after your dog. Remind all family when walking to pick up after the dog. We have over 60 pet waste stations WITH bags.
Social distance on all paths and trails. Please move to the side if stopped and chatting. ????
Bag all trash and place in bins. Do not place trash bags by the curb or posts. All trash must go in an actual bin.
If you live in a townhome, do not monopolize the open parking spaces. The visitor spaces are for visitors not for homeowners to park extra vehicles.
For all our amazing homeowners who abide by the Rules and Regulations, we thank you for being a great neighbor. If you have any questions please call the office.
Have a great weekend!
Posted on July 10, 2020 1:00 PM by AVCA Management
Board and Management encourage all homeowners to attend our next Virtual Board Meeting, Tuesday, July, 28th, 2020 at 6 pm. The log-in information is located on our website.
The Lakes and Woods pools are open and have been running smoothly in their 2 and a half hour increments. Thank you for your patience during this confusing time. We are working with High Sierra to open additional pools. In order to access the pools, you must have a waiver on file. There are extra waivers located at the pools.
Social distancing is still being enforced. All employees walking around will have their masks on. We ask that all residents use the weight machines properly. If you have any questions regarding how to use equipment, please alert staff. The Pavilion is for all residents to enjoy safely. ????
- The tennis awnings at the Pavilion will be finished next week. Due to storms we had to postpone the install.
- The concrete was poured and fencing installed around the new Sport Court. The court should be finished by next Wednesday (weather permitting)
- Gala Circle will be paved next Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The week of the 20th we will be paving Chloe and Choptank. Signs are posted and door hangers were hung on each affected street. All cars must be moved from these areas.
- Due to storms, we have had multiple trees snap and blow over. Thank you for sending your concerns and highlighting areas for us.
- Ashburn Village’s “It takes a Village” Virtual 5K/10K/1 Mile Fun Run benefiting Callen’s Cause, registration is now open! For more info on the race and or to register click here.
- Our first annual Virtual Family Dri Tri is next month! This event is for Ashburn Village Residents Only, for more info or to sign up click here.
- The Sports Pavilion is currently operating under Phase 3 guidelines. Our hours are Monday-Friday 6 am-7 pm and Saturday-Sunday 7 am-5 pm. For more information on AVSP’s Phase 3 guidelines click here, information on our in person/outdoor Group Exercise Classes or virtual classes can be found here.
- AVSP will start hosting Pickle Ball Happy Hour every Monday starting July 13 from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm, pre-registration required, please call the front desk at 703-729-0581 to save your spot!
- RISE camp is now running and space is available! To learn more about the camp click here, to register please email email@example.com
- The Sports Pavilion’s Youth Department is offering different options next year in alignment with LCPS school schedule. More info can be found here.