Friday Updates and Information - February 18, 2022
Posted on February 18, 2022 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
- Virtual Board of Directors Meeting - Tuesday, February 22, 2022, 6pm
- Virtual Racquet Steering Committee Meeting - Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 12pm
- Virtual Ad-Hoc Landscape Committee - Wednesday, March 2, 2022, 6pm
- Virtual AERC Meeting - Thursday, March 3, 2022, 6pm (2/25/22 deadline for submitting applications)
FACILITIES & GROUNDS
- Painted parking numbers on Pickerelweed Terrace
- Replaced 14 thirteen foot light poles and 3 twenty foot light poles
- Removed old canopy frames at lakes pool
- Unloaded 100 twenty foot light poles
- February light sweep
- Repaired light in tennis bubble
- Removed branches from trail behind Mustoe
- DO put your trash can in front of your own house for pick up
- DO put trash bags into your trash can to keep it from vultures and other scavengers
- DO put your trash can away on the same day as pick up
- DON'T put your trash can out before 5:00pm the night before pick-up
- DON'T put your trash can at group mailboxes or parking islands
Just a reminder to lock your car doors and keep valuables out of sight to deter “crimes of opportunity”. Please remember to report any suspicious activity by calling the non-emergency line 703-777-1021. For more information, click HERE.
Vehicles parked in open spaces on AVCA property may not be covered at any time. Vehicles requiring covers must be parked in driveways or reserved parking spaces. Any vehicle with a cover in an open space will result in an immediate towing.
The full Vehicle Parking Policy is available online to all homeowners.
- Hurry, 15 tickets are left for Comedy Night on March 5th! Join your neighbors and laugh along to Jonathan Williams, Don Garret, and Tara Brown. Tickets can be purchased at the AVSP front desk.
- Save the date for our Spring Fling on April 2nd from 11am-1pm. Keep a look out for more information, this event will be free for Ashburn Village Residents and registration will be required by March 28th.
- Registration is now open for the Ashburn Village Fiesta 5K/10K! All proceeds benefit Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter. REGISTER HERE before prices increase on April 1st.
Starting in March we will have spots available for our Aftercare Program. Child care if Monday-Friday from 2:45-6pm with bus transportation from Ashburn, Dominion Trial, and Discovery Elementary. Snack will be provided to the kids daily, homework help, Arts and Crafts, gym games and outside play. If you’re interested in enrolling or have questions regarding the program please Contact Youth Program Director, Erin May at email@example.com
Looking for a Summer Camp for your children? You’re in luck! Rise Camp enrollment is NOW open for Village Residents. All information can be found HERE on the Ashburn Village website. How to enroll for Camp? Please email Youth Program Director, Erin May at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will set up an appointment to go over all paperwork before enrolling.
Are you a golfer looking to improve your game? AVSP now offers Fitness Training for the Sport of Golf with Certified Golf Fitness Specialist & Personal Trainer, Mackenzie Morton.
- Increase club head speed
- Eliminate fatigue
- Prevent injuries
- Add distance to every club in your bag
Interested in learning more? Email MMorton@ashburnvillage.org
Registration is open for the 2022 season for Aqua Jets. Aqua Jets is the summer swim team of Ashburn Village that runs from May 31-July 29. The program is designed to develop a love for the sport of swimming and to instruct on proper stroke skills, teamwork and to learn the principles of good sportsmanship. You can find out more and register online at www.avaquajets.com or contact Kristina Hart at email@example.com.
BASKETBALL GYM SCHEDULE
CLICK HERE for our updated Basketball Gym Schedule, we are offering open times for Futsal twice a week and Pickle Ball 5 times a week!
Interested in learning how to play the fast growing game of Pickleball? Have you never played, or only played a few times, and need to get your skills up just a bit?
Join us on Sunday mornings from 8am-10am in the Sports Pavilion gym. Paddles and balls will be provided.
(More experienced players are reminded that the Pavilion offers pickleball in the gym on Monday night from 6pm-8pm, and Wednesday, Friday and Saturday mornings from 10am-12n)
COMMUNITY SHRED EVENT
Ashburn Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department
February 26, 2022, 8 AM - 11 AM
Dominion Trail Elementary School
44045 Bruceton Mills Circle
FREE but donations are greatly appreciated.
ANNOUNCING "FRIDAY SHOUT OUTS"
Attention residents: Did you have a great interaction with an AVCA staff member who demonstrated superior customer service? We would love to feature your comments in our new "Friday Shout Outs" section. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is one received this week for our Disclosure Specialist Jen:
"The turnaround for docs is amazing. If every management company worked this fast, life would be so good. Thanks so much!"
-- Cliff, Realtor
- May 2023 (2)
- April 2023 (4)
- March 2023 (3)
- February 2023 (4)
- January 2023 (5)
- December 2022 (4)
- November 2022 (5)
- October 2022 (4)
- September 2022 (6)
- August 2022 (6)
- July 2022 (3)
- June 2022 (3)
- May 2022 (2)
- April 2022 (5)
- March 2022 (3)
- February 2022 (4)
- January 2022 (4)
- December 2021 (5)
- November 2021 (3)
- October 2021 (5)
- September 2021 (1)