Friday Updates and Information - January 21, 2022
Posted on January 21, 2022 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
2022 ASSESSMENT RATES
Reminder that the assessment amounts have changed. Please be sure to update your bill pay to reflect the new assessment rates. All residents enrolled in the AVCA Direct Debit program have automatically been updated. See the website for ways to pay your assessments.
FACILITIES & GROUNDS
- NO Motorized Vehicles are allowed in any common area, sports field, sport court, tennis court, etc. Go-Carts, Delivery Trucks
- Plowed snow, salted and cleaned ice from sidewalks
- Repaired ceiling and alarms at Pavilion
- Removed broken light pole on Tippecanoe and conducted the January light sweep
- Virtual Board of Directors Meeting* - Tuesday, January 25, 2022. Please note the special meeting time: 6pm begin for executive session with legal counsel; 7pm begin open meeting with home owners. If you are scheduled to appear before the Board on January 25, but you've fixed the violation, please give us a call at the office and let us know.
- Virtual Racket Steering Committee Meeting - Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 1:30pm - To discuss a Year-Round Indoor Tennis Facility
- Virtual Ad-Hoc Landscape Committee - Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 7pm
- Virtual AERC Meeting - Thursday, February 3, 2022, 6pm, applications accepted until 1/28
We love the enthusiasm of our residents who deck their houses out for the holidays! But it's time to finish putting away the Christmas lights and wreaths. Holiday decorations and lighting must be removed not later than fourteen (14) days after the holiday.
HEALTH EXPO AT THE SPORTS PAVILION TOMORROW!
Ashburn Village’s annual HEALTH EXPO is TOMORROW, Saturday 1/22 from 9am-1pm. Come out for fitness demos, raffle prizes, bounce house, face painter and healthy vendors!
The Fiesta 5K/10K will be held on Saturday 5/7 and will feature a new route! Registration will open at the Health Expo and attendees of the event will receive a discount code!
- The Basketball court will be closed on Friday 1/21 from 7am-3pm for repairs and on Saturday 1/22 from 7am-1pm for the HELP event.
- Reminder -- members must be over the age of 13 to use the facility without a parent or guardian present.
- With different sports being played in the basketball gym it’s important that we keep the new equipment and nets stored properly. Please refer to the signs in the gym for how equipment should be placed when finished.
- Interested in learning pickleball or are you a beginner? Join fellow newbies on Sunday morning for beginner pickleball in the basketball court from 8am-10am
Shoveling the Sidewalks
Thank you to all homeowners and residents, who keep their sidewalks and front walks and steps shoveled and clear of ice whenever we have snow.
Some tips from Loudoun County:
- Shovel Your Sidewalks - Be a good neighbor and clear the sidewalk in front of and alongside your home following the end of the snowstorm. Chapter 1022.01 of the Loudoun County Codified Ordinances requires snow removal on sidewalks on properties that are adjacent to public streets.
- Clear Snow From Decks - Snow is heavy and can put a great deal of strain on decks. If you can safely shovel the snow from your deck, do so.
- Clear Fire Hydrants - Firefighters need to be able to quickly locate fire hydrants, or lives and property could be lost. You can help by clearing a three-foot radius around hydrants near your home or business.
- Be Safe - Avoid injury and over exertion by pacing yourself and taking frequent breaks to rest, gently stretch your back, arms and legs. Be careful when shoveling snow, clearing ice, pushing a car, or similar activities.
The Ashburn Village Neighbor-2-Neighbor Program on our website lists residents who are willing to shovel driveways, sidewalks and around cars