Friday Updates and Information - December 17, 2021
Posted on December 17, 2021 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
2022 ASSESSMENT RATES
Reminder that the assessment amounts have changed. Please be sure to update your bill pay to reflect the new assessment rates prior to January. All residents enrolled in the AVCA Direct Debit program will automatically be updated. See the website for ways to pay your assessments.
Did you know that AVCA charges the homeowner a $25 administrative fee for checks that have to be processed at the management office? That includes walk-ins, the dropbox outside the door, and checks mailed to our office. Avoid this fee by signing up for direct debit or paying through your bank's bill pay. Click HERE for more information.
FACILITIES & GROUNDS
- Installed multiple new signs and post throughout the Village
- Installed new wind meter for tennis bubble
- Installed 10 street light poles
CHRISTMAS TREE DISPOSAL
Christmas trees will be collected with yard waste on the first two Mondays in January: Monday, January 3rd & 10th. The tree must be free of ornaments and tinsel/garland, and if the tree is over 8 feet in length, it must be cut in half before being placed on the curb.
Congrats to the Holiday Decorating Contest winners! We had over 40 registrants and 154 votes. Check out the winners and all the entrants which can be viewed online.
1st 21288 Arcadia Ct – Christmas Palooza (19.5% of votes)
2nd 21260 Rosetta place – The Horn Quartet (18.8% of votes)
3rd 44282 Misty Creek Place – The Holtz Family Lights (14.3% of votes)
1st 21020 Lemon Springs Terrace – Jesus is the Reason for The Season, Santa has come to adore the Christ Child (21.4% of votes)
2nd 44001 Lords Valley Terrace – Seasons Greetings A Lit Christmas Experience (13.6% of votes)
3rd 44104 Rising Sun Terrace – Christmas Classics (9.7% of votes)
Arcadia Ct (39.6% of votes)
The AERC meeting has been rescheduled to January 13. The deadline for submitting applications is 1/7/22 at 3PM.
9 pm Routine
Just a reminder to lock your car doors and keep valuables out of sight to deter “crimes of opportunity”. Please remember to report any suspicious activity by calling the non-emergency line 703-777-1021. For more information, click HERE.
Garage Parking in Townhouses
Ashburn Village has limited overflow parking within its streets, which is meant for visitors and extra vehicles. However, there are several residents who do not use their garage for its intended purpose of parking. Please help alleviate parking availability issues by using your garage as your primary parking space and your driveway as the second space.
- AVSP Employee Appreciation Week! There's still time to give an AVSP employee a Shout out:
- Fill out one or more SHOUT OUT CARDS in our lobby.
- Hang it on our Shout Out board for everyone to see!
- Private and Semi-Private Lessons are available during the school holiday break. To get them set up please contact Kristina Hart at email@example.com.
- AVSP will have adjusted hours December 24th to January 1st, to view the facility hours and teen weight training hours, click HERE.
- We have 3 new pickleball nets on wheels in the gym for use during designated pickleball hours: Monday 6pm-8pm, Wednesday 1pm-3pm and Saturday 10am-12pm. We are going to add to these hours starting in January.