Friday Updates and Information - November 19, 2021
Posted on November 19, 2021 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
FACILITIES & GROUNDS
Our Facilities and Grounds crew is busy every week maintaining the amenities around the Village. Here are some of the work they completed this week.
- Painted yellow lines and curbs at end of Livonia
- Removed remaining pool umbrellas
- Finished painting gas lamps on gala
- Took down trash enclosure at pavilion to prep for new pad and enclosure
- Thanks4Giving – We have started our Salvation Army Holiday Gift Drive early this year. Please visit the “Poul-Tree” in the Sports Pavilion lobby to adopt a local member of our community this holiday season. We have 19 children who still need to be "adopted" this year.
- Santa is coming to town on Saturday 12/4. While you wait for Santa to arrive on the fire truck, bundle up your family for photos with Mrs. Clause, her sleigh and a reindeer! Stay tuned for more info. Click HERE for more info.
- Register to have your holiday house display be part of our annual decorating contest! Registration closes on 12/10, click HERE to register.
For the full calendar of Ashburn Village events, see our online calendar.
- November 18 - Finance Committee
- December 1 - Landscape Committee
- December 2 - AER Committee (Due to the Thanksgiving holiday (11/25-11/26), exterior modification forms are due by Tuesday, November 23.)
- December 2 - Special BOD Meeting
Wednesday 11/24 5am-1pm
Thursday 11/25 CLOSED
Friday 11/26 7am-6pm
- Residents Priority Registration for the Tennis Winter Flights ends 12/3, make sure to register prior! You can view the registration packet HERE.
- Great news, the tennis bubble will now stay open until 6pm on Saturday and Sundays, reserve court time online or by calling the front desk.
- Reminder - coaching, training and/or practices of any kind are not allowed at AVSP unless it is conducted by an AVSP employee.
- Improve your golf game and help prevent injuries this winter with Certified Golf Fitness Specialist and Assistant Fitness Director, Mackenzie Morton. Set up a free fitness assessment with her today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register early for LCPS Winter Break Camp at AVSP before it fills up! Sign up for all 8 days for $30 per day, 7 days $40 per day, 6 days $50 per day or 5 or less days for $60 per day. Email email@example.com for more info and to register.
- Did you know that we are a licensed daycare in the State of Virginia?- AND we have spaces open in our After School Activities Program! Sign up now and get a free week, if a current student refers you, the student and you will BOTH receive a week free! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Do You Want To Learn Pickleball?
Recently AVCA bought movable pickleball nets and painted lines on each side of the 3 tennis courts at the Woods Recreation Center to create 6 pickle ball courts. Members of the Racquet Steering Committee are eager for you to use this new equipment and try this popular sport.
We have been hosting Members Teaching Members Pickleball clinics, and last week had 11 participants! This Sunday, November 21, is our last lesson.
If you're interested in learning this fast-growing sport, contact Susan Godfrey at email@example.com. To attend you must be an adult (over 18 years) and be a member of AVSP in good standing. Please bring your membership card when you show up to prove residency. Paddles and balls will be provided. Hope to see you on the courts!!!