Friday Updates and Information - October 15, 2021
Posted on October 15, 2021 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
UPCOMING COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- October 21 - ANNUAL MEETING (Please cast your vote for Board candidates.)
- October 26 - Board of Directors
- November 2 - Tennis Committee
- November 3 - Landscape Committee
- November 4 - AERC (exterior modification applications due no later than 4 PM on Friday, October 29th)
- For more information, see our online calendar.
Do You Love Ashburn Village Events?
- We do too, and we need creative minds like yours to help think up fun events for the Village! Please consider volunteering for the Events Committee. We need YOU! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Annual Meeting will be held on October 21, 2021. Please cast your vote for the Board of Directors candidates, either online, in-person or by mail.
Fincastle Field Grand Opening
- When: Saturday, October 23rd at 1PM
- Where: Fincastle Field, 44065 Fincastle Dr, Ashburn, VA 20147
- What: Ribbon cutting ceremony to unveil the brand new Fincastle Field and sport courts! Come enjoy a scoop of ice cream from The Inside Scoop! The first 50 people to arrive will receive a ticket you can redeem for a free scoop of ice cream!
Facilities & Grounds
- Installed sand around volleyball court and sandbox
- Removed windscreens for bubble install
- Removed graffiti from playground
- Repaired parliamentary playground
- Replaced multiple signs and post throughout
- Assembled multiple light poles for installation
- Addressed over 50 tree stumps by the tree vendor
Our Community Resource Officer, Ashley Frye from the Sheriff's office, would like to remind residents to please lock their cars at night to avoid thefts of opportunity.
- Fall De-Clutter Event, Saturday, October 16th at The Lakes and all around Ashburn Village. Click HERE to see info on the houses registered to sell items, specifics on the paint/shred/electronic drop. There will be over 20 houses selling at The Lakes and 60 other houses throughout the village.
- Fincastle Field Opening Ceremony, October 23rd: We will be having a ribbon cutting ceremony to officially open the newly renovated Fincastle Field complex on Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 1 PM. Come join us there for an ice cream social. The first 50 people will receive free ice cream compliments of AVCA.
- Ashburn Village Halloween Spooktacular, October 24th: The event will be held at AVSP on Sunday October 24th from 6pm-7:30pm. Join us in your costume for a spooky scavenger hunt and treats! We have over 70lbs of candy to hand out! For more info, view the flier HERE.
- Halloween House Decorating Contest: Registration is open through noon on Monday October 21st. To register your house please click HERE.
- Events Committee: We are looking for community members to join our Events Committee. The committee meets monthly via zoom to discuss upcoming events, make suggestions and share ideas. In order for our events to be successful, we need your input! For more information or to join please email email@example.com.
- Visit ashburnvillage.org/events for more info on our fun upcoming community events.
- Boot Camp with Katie has started on Monday and Wednesdays from 6pm-7pm, the last 2 weeks are $30 for one day a week or $70 for two days a week!. To register click HERE.
- The Tennis bubble will be erected next week. Please expect limited court availability at AVSP. Some classes have been moved off site for next week, please see the full listing and locations HERE.
- The Tennis department is throwing a Halloween social on Friday 10.22. Come in costume and join your friends for some games on the court. For more information click HERE for the flier.
- LCPS NO SCHOOL CAMPS October 29th, November 1st, 2nd, and 4th from 8am-6pm $50 per day for one child; Sibling $45, if you sign up for ALL 4 days you will receive 25% off. Camp includes: Gym Games, Outside Play (pending weather) Art and Crafts, Afternoon Free Swim, two snacks and Movie to finish off the day. To Register or want more information: please contact Youth Program Director, Erin May at firstname.lastname@example.org.