Friday Updates and Information - October 8, 2021
Posted on October 8, 2021 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
UPCOMING COMMITTEE MEETINGS
October 21 - ANNUAL MEETING (Please cast your vote for Board candidates.)
October 26 - Board of Directors
November 2 - Tennis Committee
November 3 - Landscape Committee
November 4 - AERC (exterior modification applications due no later than 4 PM on Friday, October 29th)
For more information, see our online calendar.
Do You Love Ashburn Village Events?
- We do too, and we need creative minds like yours to help think up fun events for the Village! Please consider volunteering for the Events Committee. We need YOU! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Annual Meeting will be held on October 21, 2021. Please cast your vote for the Board of Directors candidates, either online, in-person or by mail. Your vote counts! If you have not received either the packet or the email, please let the office know.
- Electrical Transmission Line Project to Affect W&OD Trail - Dominion Energy will be conducting work on the electric transmission line along the W&OD Trail, which will affect access to part of the trail between Loudoun County Parkway to just east of Claiborne Parkway. The section of the W&OD Trail will be closed from Monday, October 18 - Friday October 22, 2021. Detour signs will be posted along the approximate 5-mile detour for pedestrians and cyclists. Please see Dominion Energy Notice here for more information.
At the Office
- We love the enthusiasm of our residents who deck their houses out for the holidays! Please follow AER holiday decorations guidelines: Exterior decorations for holidays may be placed out thirty (30) days in advance of the holiday and must be removed not later than fourteen (14) days after the holiday. Thank you.
- Trash issues? Please send an email to AVCAtrash@republicservices.com. Please provide your full name, full address, city and zip, HOA name (AVCA), cell #, nature of request, and picture of broken trash or recycle toter, if you need a replacement.
- Encourage your friends and neighbors in the Village to sign up for the Ashburn Village email blasts so they can stay informed, too!
Facilites & Grounds
- Constructed retaining wall around the new volleyball court at Fincastle Field
- Hung new signs at Fincastle sports courts
- Worked with the tree crew to remove dead trees and stumps
- Set up the new pickleball nets at the Woods Rec Center
The covenants team is working hard to keep up the standards that make Ashburn Village such a great place to live. Thanks Alexis, Clyde, Irene, Jen, and Lydia for keeping our community beautiful. Here is what they did in the last week:
- Property inspections/reinspections = 137
- Violation letters created = 76
- Violation closed = 72
- Disclosures opened = 4
- Annual Reviews are done for the year! Our inspectors checked over 3,927 homes. Thanks to all our homeowners, who are keeping their properties looking great! Check out our handy checklist to see what to look for: Maintaining Your Home's Exterior.
- Fall De-Clutter Event, Saturday, October 16th at The Lakes and all around Ashburn Village. Register by October 12th to sell your items click here. A map showing the registered yard sales in Ashburn Village will be available October 14 online.
- Ashburn Village Halloween Spooktacular will be held at AVSP on Sunday October 24th from 6pm-7:30pm. Join us in your costume for a spooky scavenger hunt and treats! For more info, view the flier here.
- We are looking for community members to join our Events Committee. The committee meets monthly via zoom to discuss upcoming events, make suggestions and share ideas. In order for our events to be successful, we need your input! For more information or to join please email email@example.com.
- Visit ashburnvillage.org/events for more info on our fun upcoming community events.
- Boot Camp with Katie starts 10/11 and runs for 3 weeks. Mondays and Wednesdays 6-7PM. 1 class a week is $45 for 3 weeks or sign up for both days a week and it's $75 for 3 weeks! To register click here.
- Our Youth Program Department is running a Schools Out Camp for this Monday, 10/11. Price is $50 per child and the camp runs 8am-530pm. To register please email firstname.lastname@example.org.