Friday Updates and Information - September 24, 2021
Posted on September 24, 2021 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
Around the Village
Did you know?
- Ashburn Village has 17 miles of trails and footpaths and 40 bridges!
- See the full "Ashburn By The Numbers" HERE.
Facilities and Grounds
- Made repairs to the the fountain on Cedar Lake.
- Assembled several light poles ready for replacement.
- New sidewalk installed for sport court at Fincastle field.
At the Office
- With October around the corner and Halloween decorations already in every store, we'd like to remind residents to follow AER holiday decorations guidelines: Holiday decorations and lighting must be appropriate to the holiday occurring at the time of display. Please keep all displays within your own property. Exterior decorations for holidays may be placed out thirty (30) days in advance of the holiday and must be removed not later than fourteen (14) days after the holiday. Thank you.
- Encourage your friends and neighbors in the Village to sign up for the Ashburn Village email blasts so they can stay informed, too!
- Planning to make a change to the exterior of your home? New color for your deck or changing to composite decking? New exterior lights? Updated landscaping? A whole new front door? Please submit an application to the Architectural and Environmental Review Committee (AERC) to get approval before starting any new exterior project. Here's a guide to make the process easier. How to Submit an Application for a Proposed Exterior Modification.
Annual Reviews are on-going. Zone 7 is now in progress. If you'd like to know which zone your street is in this year, check the list HERE.
We encourage homeowners to check the exterior of their home several times a year for damage and disrepair. Please don't wait for us to send you a letter to check your home's exterior for problems. Check out our handy checklist to see what to look for: Maintaining Your Home's Exterior.
Recreation Center Rentals
The Mills, Woods and Lakes recreation centers are once again available to rent. If you'd like to rent one of the Rec Centers, please call Member Services at the office. The rental cost and deposit will remain at the pre-COVID rates, but a mandatory disinfection fee of $110 will be collected for each rental when making your reservation. Homeowners are responsible for removing all trash, wiping down all surfaces and leaving the premises clean*. Each recreation center will only have one (1) rental per day, as cleaning and inspection by AVCA staff must be done prior to the next rental.
*Please see the website for more specifics on the rec centers.
Visit ashburnvillage.org/events for more info on these fun upcoming community events:
October 1st – Movie Under the Stars Double Feature at The Lakes - The Croods a New Age at 6:30pm followed by Bill and Ted Face the Music at 8:30pm.
October 16th – Fall De-Clutter Event at The Lakes, to register to sell your items click here.
The marina is closed for the season.
Indoor Tennis Contract registration is now open for Residents, for more info please click here, contracts will begin November 1st.
Teen Weight Training hours are now Monday-Thursday 4:30pm-6:30pm
Help keep our community members safe, if you are unvaccinated please wear a mask while in the Pavilion. In an effort to assist in preventing the spread of COVID-19, our staff members will once again be wearing masks while inside AVSP.
We will have limited towel service until 9/25 as we await machine repair, we apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you please bring a towel from home in the meantime.
We are excited to announce we are now offering a Barre Flex class on Tuesday and Fridays at 7am, as with all of our Group Ex classes these are FREE!
Please do not park vehicles overnight at any of the Ashburn Village playground, fields or recreation center parking lots. Parking rules are being enforced and vehicles that are parked overnight will be towed.
No Overnight Parking signs have been installed at the big playground lot near Silkworth, Gloucester and Glenburn and at Fincastle Field.
If your vehicle has been towed, please contact Battlefield Towing at 703-378-0059.
Check ashburnvillage.org for more information.