Friday Updates and Information - September 10, 2021
Posted on September 10, 2021 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
Around the Village
Facilities and Grounds
- We hope to have the Fincastle Field renovation completed in the next couple of weeks. Until then, we ask that you stay clear of the area to allow the work to be completed and the grass seed to take hold. Thank you.
- Worked on Fincastle Field by seeding and straw the bare areas caused by the construction
- Replaced some 13ft poles
- Cut back limbs from common area trees that were hitting homes
- Started the closure of the pools procedure for the season
At the Office
- Marck Rossy, our new GM, is getting settled and is learning about our beautiful community.
- If you see something, say something. We are working with the Loudoun County Sheriffs Office to address the Graffiti issues in the tunnels. If you have concerns around the Village, please use our Compliments and Concerns form online at ashburnvillage.org.
Annual Reviews are on-going. Zone 7 is now in progress. If you'd like to know which zone your street is in, check the list HERE.
We encourage homeowners to check the exterior of their home several times a year for damage and disrepair. Please don't wait for us to send you a letter to check your home's exterior for problems. Check out our handy checklist to see what to look for: Maintaining Your Home's Exterior.
Recreation Center Rentals
The Mills, Woods and Lakes recreation centers are once again available to rent. If you'd like to rent one of the Rec Centers, please call Member Services at the office. The rental cost and deposit will remain at the pre-COVID rates, but a mandatory disinfection fee of $110 will be collected for each rental when making your reservation. Homeowners are responsible for removing all trash, wiping down all surfaces and leaving the premises clean*. Each recreation center will only have one (1) rental per day, as cleaning and inspection by AVCA staff must be done prior to the next rental.
*Please see the website for more specifics on the rec centers.
Visit ashburnvillage.org/events for more info on these fun upcoming community events:
- September 12th – Doggy Pool Party at AVSP, to pre-register click here.
- September 18th – Fall Fest! at AVSP, click here for FULL details.
- October 1st – Movie Under the Stars Double Feature(make up) at The Lakes - The Croods a New Age at 6:30pm followed by Bill and Ted Face the Music at 8:30pm.
- October 16th – Fall De-Clutter Event at The Lakes, to register to sell your items click here.
- AVSP AND THE PARKING LOT will CLOSE to the public at 11am on Saturday 9/18 for Fall Fest.
- Teen Weight Training hours are now Monday-Thursday 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Tennis Fall I session has started and registration is ongoing, it will end October 17th. To register please click here.
- Help keep our community members safe, if you are unvaccinated please wear a mask while in the Pavilion. In an effort to assist in the spread of COVID-19 our staff members will once again be wearing masks while inside AVSP.
- The outdoor pool and marina are closed for the season.
- We will have limited towel service until 9/20 as we await machine repair, we apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you please bring a towel from home in the meantime.
- We are excited to announce we are now offering a Barre Flex class on Tuesday and Fridays at 7am, as with all of our Group Ex classes these are FREE!
- The Basketball gym is closed to replace the existing divider and curtain. The renovation is taking longer than expected and won’t be open to the public until Tuesday. Thank you for your patience!
The Ashburn Classics, a seniors’ social club in Ashburn, will hold their first meeting of the year on September 11, at the new Ashburn Senior Center located at 20880 Marblehead Drive.
WELCOME to all of our friends in the Ashburn area! Our door is open. It has been almost 1½ years since we last met, so it will be exciting to renew our friendships and meet new friends. All seniors in the Ashburn area are invited to attend.
See the Ashburn Village calendar for more information, or call 703-723-3056.
Please do not park vehicles overnight at any of the Ashburn Village playground, fields or recreation center parking lots. Parking rules are being enforced and vehicles that are parked overnight will be towed.
No Overnight Parking signs have been installed at the big playground lot near Silkworth, Gloucester and Glenburn and at Fincastle Field.
If your vehicle has been towed, please contact Battlefield Towing at 703-378-0059.
Check ashburnvillage.org for more information.