Friday Updates and Information - August 20, 2021
Posted on August 20, 2021 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
Annual Reviews are on-going. Zone 6 is now in progress. If you'd like to know which zone your street is in, check the list HERE. We encourage homeowners to check the exterior of their home several times a year for damage and disrepair. Please don't wait for us to send you a letter to check your home's exterior for problems. Check out our handy checklist to see what to look for: Maintaining Your Home's Exterior.
Board of Directors Meeting
The next regular monthly Board meeting will be held virtually on Tuesday, August 24th at 6pm. ZOOM information can be found on the Board of Directors page.
Facilities and Grounds
· Nine 13' light poles were installed on Allderwood and Mistletoe
· Signs on Allderwood and Mistletoe were replaced
· New Funbrella Canopies were installed at the Woods Pool
· If you see something, say something. We are working with the Loudoun County Sheriffs Office to address the Graffiti issues in the tunnels.
Recreation Center Rentals
· The Mills, Woods and Lakes recreation centers will be available to rent again starting Sept 1. Call Member Services at the office to book a recreation center. The rental cost and deposit will remain at the pre-COVID rates, but a mandatory disinfection fee of $110 will be collected for each rental when making your reservation. Homeowners are responsible for removing all trash, wiping down all surfaces and leaving the premises clean*. Each recreation center will only have one (1) rental per day, as cleaning and inspection by AVCA staff must be done prior to the next rental. Please see the website for more information on the rec centers.
Outdoor Pool Info
Due to lifeguard shortages, we have been informed by our pool management company that some of our pools will need to close earlier this season.
· Sports Pavilion Outdoor Pool will be closed starting Monday, August 23rd (indoor pool will remain open normal hours)
· Mills Pool will be closed starting Monday, August 23rd
· The Lakes Pool will remain open 11am-8:30pm until school starts on August 26th, then it will be open 4p:30m-8:30pm during the week and 11am-8:30pm on the weekends with Labor Day being the last day.
· The Woods Pool will remain open 11am-8:30am until school starts on August 26th, then it will be open 4:30pm-8:30pm during the week and 11am-8:30pm on the weekends with Labor Day being the last day.
Visit ashburnvillage.org/events for more info on these fun upcoming community events:
· August 21st – Ashburn Village Kids Triathlon
· September 12th – Doggy Pool Party at AVSP
· September 18th – Fall Fest! at AVSP
· October 1st - Movie Under the Stars (make up) at The Lakes - The Croods a New Age
· October 16th – Fall De-Clutter Event at The Lakes, to register to sell your items click here
Traffic expected tomorrow morning, please use caution and expect limited parking at AVSP
· The Ashburn Village Kids Triathlon is tomorrow starting at 8am. The event will take place at the AVSP outdoor pool, part of the parking lot and along the trails near AVSP.
· We ask that you please use caution while on the trails tomorrow and please note that parking might be limited at AVSP.
· We are expecting a record number of racers, over 140! Feel free to cheer on the racers as they go, to view the full map of the event click here.
· Registration for the group tennis Fall I session, it will run 8 weeks starting August 23rd. To register please click here.
· After School Program registration is open for 2021- 2022 School Year. Child care is available Monday through Friday from 2:45pm-6pm with bus transportation from Ashburn, DTS, and Discovery to the Sports Pavilion. Snacks will be provided daily, homework help, STEM, crafts, gym games, and free swim on Friday's. If you need more information, or to enroll, please contact Youth Program Director, Erin May at email@example.com or click here for more information.
· Help keep our community members safe, if you are unvaccinated please wear a mask while in the Pavilion. In an effort to assist in the spread of COVID-19 our staff members will once again be wearing masks while inside AVSP.
· As noted above, the last day for the AVSP outdoor pool will be Sunday August 22nd.
The Ashburn Classics, a seniors’ social club in Ashburn, will hold their first meeting of the year on September 11, at the new Ashburn Senior Center located at 20880 Marblehead Drive.
WELCOME to all of our friends in the Ashburn area! Our door is open. It has been almost 1½ years since we last met, so it will be exciting to renew our friendships and meet new friends. All seniors in the Ashburn area are invited to attend.
See the Ashburn Village calendar for more information, or call 703-723-3056.
Please do not park vehicles overnight at any of the Ashburn Village playground, fields or recreation center parking lots. Parking rules are being enforced and vehicles that are parked overnight will be towed.
No Overnight Parking signs have been installed at the big playground lot near Silkworth, Gloucester and Glenburn and at Fincastle Field.
If your vehicle has been towed, please contact Battlefield Towing at 703-378-0059.
Check ashburnvillage.org for more information.