Friday Updates and Information - August 13, 2021
Posted on August 13, 2021 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
We Need You!
An essential element of Ashburn Village is its Board of Directors. Have you ever thought of being a part of the community’s Board of Directors? Our Board is made up of enthusiastic, dedicated homeowners, who want to preserve and enhance our community's appeal and amenities.
A homeowners association is required to have a Board of Directors to function properly. These elected volunteer officials are responsible for all operations of the association and ensuring the community governing documents are followed and enforced. It's a great way to gain a better understanding of the workings of the community.
Board terms are a two year commitment and Directors are expected to volunteer 5-10 hours per month supporting the Ashburn Village Community Association. This includes attending Board meetings, serving as a liaison to a committee meeting and providing support for the Board of Director’s responsibilities to AVCA.
Five Board seats are up for reelection this year: Three seats are 2-year terms and two seats are 1-year terms. Board candidate petitions are available HERE. Be an active member of the community -- please consider running for the Board.
Final submissions must be received before 4:00 pm August 13, 2021, to be on the October ballot. (Please call the office, if you're unable to meet that deadline, but would like to run.)
Around the Village
Annual Reviews are on-going. Zone 5 is now in progress. If you'd like to know which zone your street is in, check the list HERE. We encourage homeowners to check the exterior of their home several times a year for damage and disrepair. We'd rather you didn't wait for us to send you a letter to tell you what looks out of place. Check out our handy checklist to see what to look for: Maintaining Your Home's Exterior.
Facilities and Grounds have completed several projects:
- Finished painting fence at lakes rec
- Installed 9 twenty foot light poles
- Enhanced landscaping behind AVCA office
- Replaced multiple signs and post on Gala Circle
- Replaced multiple dog stations on Bruceton Mills Circle and Tavern Drive
Outdoor Pool Info
Due to lifeguard shortages, we have been informed by our pool management company that some of our pools will need to close earlier this season.
- Sports Pavilion Outdoor Pool will be closed starting Monday, August 23rd (indoor pool will remain open normal hours)
- Mills Pool will be closed starting Monday, August 23rd
- The Lakes Pool will remain open 11am-8:30am until school starts on August 26th, then it will be open 4pm-8:30pm during the week and 11am-8:30pm on the weekends with Labor Day being the last day.
- The Woods Pool will remain open 11am-8:30am until school starts on August 26th, then it will be open 4pm-8:30pm during the week and 11am-8:30pm on the weekends with Labor Day being the last day.
Visit ashburnvillage.org/events for more info on these fun upcoming community events:
- August 14th – Movie Under The Stars at The Lakes. Bill and Ted Face The Music (weather dependent, decision will be made by 2pm day of, please check Facebook and email for info on weather cancelation)
- August 21st – Ashburn Village Kids Triathlon (for more info or to register click here.)
- September 12th– Doggy Pool Party at AVSP
- September 18th – Fall Fest! at AVSP
- October 1st - Movie Under the Stars (make up) at The Lakes - The Croods a New Age
- October 16th – Fall De-Clutter Event at The Lakes, to register to sell your items click here
- We will have limited towel service until 8/18 as we await machine repair, we apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you please bring a towel from home in the meantime.
- Registration the group tennis Fall I session, it will run 8 weeks starting August 23rd. To register please click here.
- After School Program registration is open for 2021- 2022 School Year. Child care is available Monday through Friday from 2:45pm-6pm with bus transportation from Ashburn, DTS, and Discovery to the Sports Pavilion. Snacks will be provided daily, homework help, STEM, crafts, gym games, and free swim on Fridays. If you need more information, or to enroll, please contact Youth Program Director, Erin May at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here for more information.
Please do not park vehicles overnight at any of the Ashburn Village playground, fields or recreation center parking lots. Parking rules are being enforced and vehicles that are parked overnight will be towed.
No Overnight Parking signs have been installed at the big playground lot near Silkworth, Gloucester and Glenburn and at Fincastle Field.
If your vehicle has been towed, please contact Battlefield Towing at 703-378-0059.