Friday Updates and Information - August 6, 2021
Posted on August 6, 2021 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
Call for Candidates
Have you ever thought of being a part of the community’s Board of Directors? The Ashburn Village Board of Directors is made up of enthusiastic homeowners, who want to preserve and enhance our community's appeal and amenities.
A homeowners association is required to have a Board of Directors to function properly. These elected volunteer officials are responsible for all operations of the association and ensuring the community governing documents are followed and enforced. It's a great way to gain a better understanding of the workings of the community.
Board terms are a two year commitment and Directors are expected to volunteer 5-10 hours per month supporting the Ashburn Village Community Association. This includes attending Board meetings, serving as a liaison to a committee meeting and providing support for the Board of Director’s responsibilities to AVCA.
Five Board seats are up for reelection this year and Board candidate petitions are available HERE. Be an active member of the community -- please consider running for the Board.
Final submissions must be received before 4:00 pm August 13, 2021, to be on the October ballot.
Around the Village
- Congrats to the new Covenants crew members for completing Zone 4 in Annual Reviews. Zone 5 is now in progress. If you'd like to know which zone your street is in, check the list HERE. We encourage homeowners to check the exterior of their home several times a year for damage and disrepair. We'd rather you didn't wait for us to send you a letter to tell you what looks out of place. Check out our handy checklist to see what to look for: Maintaining Your Home's Exterior.
- Facilities and grounds crew have installed a nice sized sand box for children to play in at Fincastle Field. It will be available for use after all other renovations for Fincastle Field are completed.
- Facilities and Grounds is continuing to power wash, repair and repaint the wooden fencing through out the community.
If you see something say something. We have a tagger amongst us. There is someone that continuously spray paints graffiti on the walls in the tunnels that provide safe crossing from under Ashburn Village Blvd, from Ashburn Elementary School and Dominion Trail Elementary School. The local Sheriff’s office has been made aware and we have asked for extra patrols. When this tagger is caught, Ashburn Village will press charges. Our Facilities and grounds crew spend countless hours covering up the graffiti and it is costing the community. Please do your part and say something, if you see something.
Visit ashburnvillage.org/events for more info on these fun upcoming community events:
- August 8th- Pop Up Pool Party at The Lakes Pool from 2pm-5pm
- August 14th – Movie Under The Stars at The Lakes. Bill and Ted Face The Music
- August 21st – Ashburn Village Kids Triathlon (for more info or to register click here.)
- September 12th– Doggy Pool Party at AVSP
- September 18th – Fall Fest! at AVSP
- October 1st - Movie Under the Stars (make up) at The Lakes - The Croods a New Age
- October 16th – Fall De-Clutter Event at The Lakes
- After School Program registration is open for 2021- 2022 School Year. Child care is available Monday through Friday from 2:45pm-6pm with bus transportation from Ashburn, DTS, and Discovery to the Sports Pavilion. Snacks will be provided daily, homework help, STEM, crafts, gym games, and free swim on Fridays. If you need more information, or to enroll, please contact Youth Program Director, Erin May at email@example.com or click here for more information.
- Interested in Pickleball? Join us for PickleBall Happy Hour each Monday night from 6:30-8:30pm to learn from the pros or play a pick up game with friends. Click here to register.
- The Marina is open Monday-Tuesday 10 AM - 1 PM and Wednesday - Sunday 1 PM - 5:30 PM. Please call the front desk at 703-729-0581, ext. 0, to make a reservation. Reservations required.
Please do not park vehicles overnight at any of the Ashburn Village playground, fields or recreation center parking lots. Parking rules are being enforced and vehicles that are parked overnight will be towed.
No Overnight Parking signs have been installed at the big playground lot near Silkworth, Gloucester and Glenburn and at Fincastle Field.
If your vehicle has been towed, please contact Battlefield Towing at 703-378-0059.
Check ashburnvillage.org for more information.
Summer 2021 isn't over yet! High Sierra Pools is still hiring lifeguards to join their team. Great pay, discounted certs, end of season bonus + eligibility for returner rate and perks next summer! Positions are available for applicants aged 15 and older in most areas. If you’ve got good swimming skills and are looking for a fun summer job where you can make a difference in your community, this is the job for you. Flexible schedules are available including full-time, part-time, and weekends-only work. Apply online.