Friday Updates and Information - March 26, 2021
Posted on March 26, 2021 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
Our Board meeting was Tuesday we thank all homeowners who attended.
The Board discussed:
- Local teams requesting to rent the fields
- Loudoun County repairing Beech Dam
- Capital Expenditures to be completed in 2021.
- The Board approved adding an additional Sport Court at Fincastle Field. Both sets of tennis courts need to be redone per the Reserve Study.
- Fincastle Field – we added new infield dirt and are maintaining the fields. A local team will be renting the field for a short season.
Fincastle Field - Baseball Field
No dogs are allowed on the baseball field. We have posted signs and no trespassing. We are completely redoing the dugout, infield and outfield. NO dogs allowed.
The bubble is coming down on Tuesday. Our Facilities and Grounds team are busy removing the lights and other items in the bubble and a team will be here on Tuesday to take it down.
Annual Property Reviews in Progress
We are still in Zone 2. Again, we thank all our great homeowners for fixing their violations. This month was the first time in 5 years that a homeowner and violations were not brought before the Board. Management and Covenants goal is not to send hundreds of violations but to educate the community on the Rules and Regulations of this association. Please remember the covenants staff did not make these rules they are employed to ensure the rules are abided by. All Rules and Regulations were provided to homeowners at the time of their purchase and are listed in your Governing Documents.
Key changes in the Fourth Amended Executive Order Seventy-Two include:
- Social gatherings: The maximum number of individuals permitted in a social gathering will increase to 50 people for indoor settings and 100 people for outdoor settings. Social gatherings are currently limited to 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors.
- Entertainment venues: All indoor and outdoor entertainment and public amusement venues must continue to operate at 30 percent capacity. Indoor venues must operate at 30 percent capacity or with a maximum of 500 people, an increase from the current cap of 250 people. Outdoor venues must operate at 30 percent capacity, with no specific cap on the number of attendees. These venues were previously limited to 30 percent capacity or up to 1,000 attendees, whichever was fewer.
- Recreational sporting events: The number of spectators allowed at recreational sporting events will increase from 25 to 100 people per field or 30 percent capacity, whichever is less for indoor settings, and from 250 to 500 people per field or 30 percent capacity, whichever is less for outdoor settings.
- In-person graduation and commencement events: Last week, Governor Northam issued preliminary guidance on safe in-person graduations and commencements, which included a cap of 5,000 people or 30 percent of the venue capacity for outdoor events, whichever is less. Events held indoors may have up to 500 people, or 30 percent of the venue capacity, whichever is less. Attendees must wear masks and follow other guidelines and safety protocols to ensure proper distancing.
Ashburn Village Egg Coloring Contest
Ashburn Village Egg Coloring Contest: From NOW until-April 1st, drop off one of the four Easter Egg Coloring pages and we will display in our lobby. Everyone who drops off a page will get a goody bag filled with Easter Eggs! Voting on the coloring pages will take place April 2nd and April 3rd.
VILLAGE HELPERS DIRECTORY
The Village Helpers area of the Classifieds is now online! Ashburn Village Community Association has set up an area of the Ashburn Village website for homeowners to list their teen's service.
- There is no cost to advertise Village Helper services.
- Village Helpers ads may be submitted by Homeowners.
- A log-in is needed to view the Village Helper directory.
- Ads will remain active for 3 months from date of posting.
Go to www.ashburnvillage.org/villagehelpers to add your VILLAGE HELPER service to the directory.
Spin room now holds 9 members! Registration is required. No show/no call will result in the inability to reserve any Group Ex Class for 1 week.
Pool season is almost here, and the Aquatics programs at AVSP are here to help! We are currently registering for the following programs:
• Group Swim Lessons
• Frozen Jets Developmental Swim Team
• Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons
• Aqua Jets Summer Swim Team
• Blue Wave Master Swim (For ages 18+)
Summer is right around the corner and RISE Camp registrations are now open for Village residents. We are excited to be offering swimming in the afternoons, indoor and outdoor activities, weekly field trips (offsite and onsite) team building activities, along with pizza on Fridays. Camp is for ages 4-12 years. For more information regarding camp or have questions please contact Youth Program Director, Erin May at firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Weights at the Pavilion
Management and staff have noticed that multiple weights are missing from the free weight area. If you happened to “borrow” one please put it back or see someone “borrowing” them please let management know. All weights are to remain at the Pavilion.