Friday Updates and Information - March 19
Posted on March 18, 2021 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
Our next Board Meeting is Tuesday, March 23rd at 6pm. We encourage all homeowners to attend.
- Geese Police -- Cathy, the owner of Geese Police, will be out with her dogs for the next couple of weeks. She chases the geese off our lakes so that our trails don't get covered in waste. Reminder: Please do NOT feed the geese.
- Beech Dam -- The County completed the project last week. This project was done to stop the seepage through the dam embankment. This repair eliminates water flowing over the asphalt trail and into common areas. They installed a trench to further assist if any other leaks occur by the dam area. We were originally told by the County that Ashburn Village was responsible for the repair, however after meeting with the County they assumed responsibility.
- White-Coating Pools -- The outdoor pavilion pool is currently being white coated and we will then move to the Lakes pool after and should be completed by May 1st. This is slated in the Reserve Study.
- Tennis Courts -- We had a tennis court company come and evaluate our courts and provide recommendations to the Board.
- Pickleball Survey -- WTS sent a pickleball survey out and it looks like our community is excited to learn more about the new sport!
- Annual Property Reviews in Progress
The Covenants Department has completed Zone 1 of inspections and began Zone 2 on Tuesday. These inspections are done annually to ensure all homeowners keep up with their exterior maintenance and are following Ashburn Village rules and regulations.
AVSP Bootcamps: Every week, you'll be challenged to push yourself harder than you think you can go! We still have a few spots available! Call the front desk to register!
Bootcamp with Katie - Thursdays 6-7p
Cost $50 (will be prorated for current session)
Perfect for Any Fitness Level
Join Katie as she coaches a fun interval bootcamp style class that mixes calisthenics, bodyweight exercises, cardio and strength training.
Great news! The 2 time Red Division winning Aqua Jets team is now registering for residents of Ashburn Village for the 2021 season. You can see more information regarding the Aqua Jets team at www.avaquajets.com. For any questions regarding registration, please contact Kristina Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The tennis bubble will start the process of coming down on Thursday March 25th. The last day to reserve a bubble court will be Wednesday March 24th. To accommodate some of the smaller group lessons and private lessons will be held at the Lakes Courts from March25th to March 31st. Thanks for a great season!
Ashburn Village Egg Coloring Contest
From March 22nd-April 1st, drop off one of the four Easter Egg Coloring pages and we will display in our lobby. Everyone who drops off a page will get a goody bag filled with Easter Eggs! Voting on the coloring pages will take place April 2nd and April 3rd.
VILLAGE HELPERS DIRECTORY
The Village Helpers area of the Classifieds is now online! Ashburn Village Community Association has set up an area of the Ashburn Village website for homeowners to list their teen's service.
- There is no cost to advertise Village Helper services.
- Village Helpers ads may be submitted by Homeowners.
- A log-in is needed to view the Village Helper directory.
- Ads will remain active for 3 months from date of posting.
Go to www.ashburnvillage.org/villagehelpers to add your VILLAGE HELPER service to the directory.