Friday Updates and Information - February 12, 2021
Posted on February 12, 2021 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
Board Meeting - Working Session
A working session Board meeting will be held virtually on Tuesday, February 16th at 6pm. This is an open meeting for residents to listen in on the Board discussions regarding Reserve and Capital Expenditures.
Board Meeting - Regular Monthly Board Meeting
The next regular monthly Board meeting will be held virtually on February 23rd at 6pm.
Did you know that Ashburn Village………
- has 500 acres of common area
- 1300 pole lights that we repair and replace
- over 500 street signs that we are responsible for
- 8 playgrounds and 3 Clubhouses
- 8 lakes that we maintain and restock (VA Water and Wetlands inspects and maintains all lakes twice a month)
- 19 tennis courts, and we are adding pickleball to the courts.
- 1 baseball field (the association rents out for local team usage not during COVID)
- 2 volleyball sand courts with new sand poured each year
- 4 outdoor pools and 1 indoor pool
- over 16 miles of asphalt trails, and we added a new trail in 2020 around the Mills field.
The Pavilion is owned by Ashburn Village, however it is managed by WTS. The General Manager is Gayle Terrio. Gayle and the Ashburn Village General Manager work together on a daily basis to keep the facilities up-to-date and keep the programs running smoothly.
- Help us keep AVSP clean and safe! Bring an extra pair of clean and dry shoes to change into before using any cardio or weight equipment. Due to winter weather conditions, the salt tracked into the gym can damage equipment.
- Please check your emails and our Facebook page or website for any winter weather closing or delay info
- The tennis department is hosting its 1st annual 7.5 Mixed Doubles Tournament Friday March 5th and 12th. We are accepting 12 teams and already have 6 registered! For more info and to register on the website.
- We have tons of virtual events coming up! Events include: trivia, scavenger hunt, charity bingo, cooking class and comedy night! For more info on the events and or to register please visit our events page.