Friday Updates and Information - October 30, 2020
Posted on October 30, 2020 3:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
Happy Halloween and Happy Friday
Meet our Board of Directors for 2020-2021
President – Jason Mello
Vice President – Avi Kanhere
Treasurer – Robert Crossett
Secretary – Anita Tierney
Director – Stephanie Anderson
Director – Terry Brickerd
Director – Nalan Martin
Management and the Board hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween. We encourage all residents to wear masks and to properly socially distance themselves from others.
Board Meeting Summary
- Thank you to all our homeowners who attended our virtual meeting this past Tuesday.
- The Board approved the 2021 budget / The assessments will stay the same.
- The Board reviewed Reserve Study items that were replaced this year. Streets / pathways/ Trash enclosures / Sport Court / Woods Pool deck
- This year was a big year for Reserve items. We were catching up with items that had not been replaced previously. Next year there are only a few items slated to be replaced. Management will provide a list of Reserve items and Capital expenses the Board is forecasting for the next couple of years.
- The Board approved the planting of 200 trees. The trees were all planted this week. Management met with the Department of Forestry and a Certified Arborist to discuss the best species of trees and locations. We walked the Association and marked areas that needed replacement or new trees. The Board approved doing this in phases. We will be ordering more trees next year. This is a long process as we are cleaning up all the dead and diseased trees and replanting in the areas that the Experts say are best for our Association. (Thank you to our homeowners for the compliments we've received regarding all the tree work.)
- Trails and Pathways around the lakes. The piece of machinery that lays the asphalt for all trails is wider than the actual trail. There are large ruts beside the pathways that will be fixed and smoothed over as soon as the paving is complete.
- We are still replacing light posts and lights. Thank you to all our great homeowners who send us locations and pole numbers. Our Facilities and Grounds crew performs a light sweep each month, but it is great having you let us know too!
Have a great weekend.