Friday Updates and Information - October 16, 2020
Posted on October 16, 2020 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
Happy Friday Homeowners here in Ashburn Village,
Thank you to all our Homeowners who voted online and or mailed back their proxy. We had over 1,500 families vote at this Election. That is AWESOME.
The Board and Management team are happy to have Robert Crossett and Terry Brickerd rejoin the Board as Directors for the 2020-2022 term.
Thank you to all the homeowners who attended virtually.
Our next Board Meeting is Tuesday, October 27th at 6pm via Zoom. The Board will approve the Budget and discuss other projects happening in the Village. The Agenda is posted online and on our bulletin board every Friday before the Tuesday meeting. The Board meeting provides an open forum for homeowners to be heard. If you have an idea, suggestion or questions, please attend and participate.
Last night the Board President Jason Mello briefly reviewed each Committee and what they are currently working on or expect to do. We have 5 committees. We encourage all homeowners to join a committee or attend a meeting. All meetings are Zoom calls for now. He stated the Association is financially solid and thanked our awesome groups of Volunteers. The Committees are Events, AERC, Finance, Landscape, and Tennis.
It is illegal to park in front of someone's mailbox. You can be towed. With families working from home, we know parking can be tough, however the mailman will NOT deliver mail, if the Cluster mailboxes are blocked or if there is a car in front of your mailbox. If you have guests, please make sure they do not block any mailbox. This has happened a few times and we receive notices that packages/mail cannot be delivered because of "obstructed mailbox". Many families rely on USPS mail for prescriptions and other much needed items.
We have multiple homes going on the market. Our Covenants team must inspect these homes and we are noticing multiple homes encroaching on Common Property. You may not plant or remove anything in the Common Area. If a tree or shrub is encroaching on your property, you may trim it back to your property line or submit a Kudos & Concern online.
If you back to the lake or other large common areas, you may not place benches, swings or anything down by the waterline. This is all Association property.
The wooded areas behind your home that are common areas must be left as is. You may not remove or add anything. Anything you add to your property must remain ON your property.
Management and Facilities and Grounds will remove items that are placed on Association's property. Unfortunately this is becoming an issue.
To close on a positive note, the Association is planting 200 new trees in the next 2 weeks. Management met with the Department of Forestry who walked and surveyed all our common areas. Due to overcrowding we will not be replacing all trees that were removed. This is being done in phases and more trees will be planted next year!
- AVSP hours are Monday-Friday 5am-9pm and Saturday and Sunday 7am-5pm
- The tennis bubble and indoor pool are now open! Both close at 8:30pm during the week. They close 30 minutes prior to the facility closing.
- For updated info on AVSP’s Phase 3 plans click here.
- The indoor pool is reopen! The hours are Monday-Friday 5am-8:30pm, and Saturday and Sunday 7-4:30pm. No reservations are needed to swim.
- The next session of swim lessons will be October 22-December 16. Class information can be found online here. Registration is now open, and can be done online. If you have any questions or need help registering, please reach out to Kristina Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private and Semi-Private swim lessons have resumed. To get them setup and started, please email Kristina Hart at email@example.com.
- Our Distance Learning Program will NOW be offering three options for Ashburn Village Elementary Students. For more information about the three options, please click here.
- Halloween School's Out Camp will be held on Monday October 26th from 7:30am-5:30pm for Village Residents only. We offer fun games, treats, pizza for lunch and a Pumpkin Patch. Cost for the camp will be $50 for one child and $45 for siblings. Spots are still available. To ask questions or register, please contact, Youth Program Director Erin May at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday 10/25 is the Drive Thru Trunk or Treat and House Decorating Contest
- Residents Receive a bag of candy and drive through the decorated trunks at AVSP
- Then take the map of decorated houses and visit, snap a picture at ones with photo ops
- Vote for your favorite house and trunk, prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place house and trunk.
- FREE to enter your TRUNK AND HOUSE , pre-registration required (must be an Ashburn Village Resident). Register by 10/22.
- To register your TRUNK click HERE.
- To register your HOUSE click HERE.
- The event is FREE and open to Ashburn Village Residents, registration is NOT required to attend.