Friday Updates and Information - September 18, 2020
Posted on September 18, 2020 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
Draft Budget Meeting
The Board hosted a 3 hour draft Budget meeting on Wednesday. We will not be increasing assessments this year based on our 2021 budget and numbers.
A HUGE thank you to our Finance Committee Chair Jim Heigl and to the Committee. This group is very thorough and adds a great set of eyes and financial expertise to our Board and Management.
Tuesday, September 22nd at 6pm – Virtual Meeting
Zoom link located on our website.
Thursday, October 15th at 6pm – Virtual Meeting
October Board Meeting
Tuesday, October 27th at 6pm – Virtual Meeting
All Zoom call information can be found on our website.
The Annual Meeting notice and online voting information was sent last week. Even though we have 2 open spaces and 2 candidates, we still need everyone to send in their proxy or go online and vote.
WHY do I need to send this, if there are 2 candidates and 2 open spaces?
We still have to meet quorum to hold a meeting. An annual meeting is held to elect new members and to approve the previous year's meeting minutes. Please vote so we can hold the meeting. ????
Cut Your Grass
The HOA office has been receiving multiple calls and emails regarding neighbors not maintaining their yards and property. There are multiple streets with beautifully landscaped homes, and that one home on the corner with grass up to your knees and overgrown bushes. The Board and Management are committed to enhancing and beautifying Ashburn Village, but we need everyone’s participation. All homeowners must maintain their yards and homes. Cut the grass, pull the weeds, remove the multiple newspapers out of your driveway. Place your trash can out of sight. All of this helps to keep our home values up and our community a desirable place to live.
Our covenants staff is very busy with the complaints and unkept properties. Per the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations, all units must properly maintain the exterior of their home and property. Thank you for being an awesome neighbor!
The indoor pool and the tennis bubble are both slated to open October 1st. The hours will be modified and all staff will be adhering to safety protocols. The indoor pool will have 3 lanes open at all times to resident. The other 3 lanes will be used for swim practice and lessons.
Indoor Pool and Tennis Bubble Hours
Monday through Friday – 5 am-8:30 pm
Saturday and Sunday – 7 am-4:30 pm
The Indoor pool can have a maximum of 30 people in the indoor area at one time.
The tennis bubble can have a maximum of 20 people inside at one time.
Ashburn Village is in compliance with what the County and Health Department are implementing. These restrictions are in place due to COVID, however the Board will review and make changes if needed or allowed.
- Drive in Movie – There are a few spaces left in tonight's (9/18) showing of Avengers End Game at the Sports Pavilion. The movie starts at 9:40 pm. To secure a space, please email email@example.com
- Yard Sale – Saturday 9/19 is the Village-wide yard sale. Maps can be found here. Shredding will also be available for free to Ashburn Village Residents from 11 am - 2 pm at the Lakes Recreation Center.
- Cars for a Cause – Ashburn Village’s Annual Cars for a Cause will be held on Saturday 10/3 at The Lakes Recreation Center. This event will follow social distancing guidelines and benefit the Ashburn Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department. To register your car, click here. Registration not required for spectators, admission is FREE.
- National Night Out – National Night Out is Tuesday 10/6 from 5:30 pm - 7 pm at The Lakes Recreation Center. Visit with LCSO and AVFRD officials and enjoy a sweet treat from Captain Cookie compliments of the AVCA.
- Spooktacular – Spooktacular Trunk or Treat will be held on Sunday 10/25 from 6 pm - 7:30 pm at AVSP. Click here to register your vehicle / hand out candy. Registration is not required for spectators, admission is FREE.
General AVSP Reminders
- Masks are now required while in the facility, except when engaged in physical activity
- Temperatures will be taken when entering the facility
- Hours : Monday–Friday 5 am - 7 pm and Saturday–Sunday 7 am - 5 pm
- Teen Weight Training Hours are 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm Monday–Thursday
Distance Learning Program
A few spaces left! – The Youth Program at the Ashburn Village Sports Pavilion will host a Distance Learning Program for Ashburn Village Residents in elementary school. For more information on the program, please click the following links below
Contract Court Time Applications for the bubble are now being accepted. Click here for the application. Contract applications are due ASAP, OTM’s may register starting 10/2. Contract time will start 10/19.