Friday Updates and Information - August 28, 2020
Posted on August 28, 2020 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
Brief Review from the Board Meeting Tuesday
The Board voted to cancel all fireworks for this year and to cancel Villagefest. This was a tough decision but in following the county ordinances, it is not possible to host either event.
- The Board approved the new tennis Committee Charter and Appointed Denise Bridges the chairperson. The Committee will meet TUESDAYS 6:00 pm
- September 1 , October 6, November 3, December 1. More information on the Committees page of the website. Everyone is welcome to attend or join.
- Facilities and Grounds is busy replacing lights and pole lights. This is an ongoing replacement process.
- Tree removal. We are still receiving complaints regarding dead trees in the common areas. We hope to finish up in the next month. The Board will discuss replanting trees in the common areas.
- The Board approved replacing the asphalt footpaths around the Lakes. This is a huge job and will begin in October.
- We will open the Indoor pool October 1st. Homeowners will have 3 open lanes to use at all times. No more than 30 people are allowed in the pool area at one time. We will have sanitizing stations set up and social distancing will be enforced. The lanes have a max of 5 swimmers at a time in 1 lap lane. Family members must swim in the same lane. Must maintain social distancing at all times. Blue Waves will be permitted to use the indoor pool with limited times and spaces due to distancing.
- This month the Board sent RFP’s for Landscaping and Financial Investment Firms. We will have all proposals back in the next week.
- The Finance Committee meeting is September 17th. We will be drafting and discussing the Budget for 2021.
Sports Pavilion Updates
- Due to Covid and social distancing restrictions we have made the difficult decision to cancel VillageFest 2020. We are already working on plans for 2021 and hope to make it better than ever!
- It Takes a Village Virtual 5K/10K Charity Race September 11th-13th
- Participate in our first virtual race form anywhere. All proceeds from the race benefit Callen’s Cause for SIDS research.
- To register click here, all participants will receive a race t-shirt, commemorative bib, custom medal and other promotional items!
Distance Learning Program
2 spaces left! - The Youth Program at the Ashburn Village Sports Pavilion will host a Distance Learning Program for Ashburn Village Residents in elementary school. For more information on the program please click the following links below
- Masks are now required while in the facility, except when engaged in physical activity.
- Temperatures will be taken when entering the facility.
- Starting Tuesday September 1st : Monday-Friday 5am-7pm and Saturday-Sunday 7am-5pm
New Registration System Coming to AVSP
A new registration system coming to AVSP starting September 1st! The AVSP Team is working on launching a new Point-of-Sale and registration system and we look forward to sharing the improvements with residents. As part of this process, AVSP will be launching a new online portal for program registration. Once launched, residents with email addresses on file in the system will be sent an automated email with your new log in credentials. Be on the look out for this email next week and more information will be sent as we continue on this exciting initiative!