Friday Updates and Information - June 5
Posted on June 5, 2020 5:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
Hello and Happy Friday,
The Board and Management want to again thank all our GREAT homeowners and residents here in Ashburn Village. We are as frustrated as you are regarding the slow roll out and the uncertainty of what is going on with COVID-19. Everything is ready, so as soon as we can open the Pools, Basketball Courts and Pavilion we will. We are committed to following the guidelines put in place by the State and County in reopening our community.
ZOOM virtual meeting to be held June 9th at 6 PM. The Board will discuss our current contracts and needed modifications (WTS, pool contract, 5th of July).
Gayle and her WTS staff of 6 are working hard to make the Pavilion perfect for our opening soon. We hope to have the rest of the staff back ASAP. We are listening to the Governor and Phases and trying to find ways to open safely. Hopefully next Friday we will have a better breakdown of capacity and what we can and can’t do.
- Celebrate World Environment Day by participating in Ashburn Village's Community Clean up. Help our community and enter the drawing for the possibility of winning Visa Gift Cards! For more information see the flier here.
- The 4th of July Pool party might be canceled, but the fun isn't! Register your vehicle for our first ever car parade/procession. Or view the route and cheer on your neighbors.
- We are hosting our first ever Virtual Family Dri-Tri! To view more information click here, or visit this form to register. We hope you participate!
- We can't wait to enter Phase 2 and see you back at AVSP! We are making changes to keep you safe while visiting us. Please check back for specific information when the Phase 2 date is released for Loudoun County.
- Missed our fitness classes? You can now register for in person/outdoor fitness classes, view this page for info and registration.
We currently have 5 Pollinator Gardens around our lakes. The pollinator and landscape designer, John Magee, designed our gardens specifically for Ashburn Village. He specializes in designing native plant landscapes, sustainable design and eco-friendly gardening. If you have not seen our gardens, they are expected to start blooming in the next week and are beautiful. Click here to look at our pollinator gardens from last year.
Facilities and Grounds
- All tennis courts are open. The basketball courts will hopefully open next Friday. All pools are closed until the Governor moves us into Phase 2. Even with Phase 2 it might be hard to open as it states lap lanes only and instructional classes. We are looking at all options and have the pool company and lifeguards on standby.
- All pools were inspected and are good to go.
- The Facilities and Grounds team are regularly inspecting the grounds and make recommendations regarding common areas and improvements.
- The trees and plantings in the median look GREAT. A huge thank you to our Landscape Committee previous and current. A special thanks to Laurie Ferguson and Terry Brickerd for all their hard work and follow up. The office has been flooded with compliments regarding the updated look of the Boulevard.
The Board will host an Executive Meeting next week to discuss the Fireworks contract and County plan for how to proceed. We are the only Association with a permit submitted for fireworks in Loudoun County. More information to follow.
Paving, Sidewalks and Trails
Work will begin in the next few weeks. We have multiple areas per the Reserve Study that need repairs and maintenance. We will be posting and sending notice as soon as we finalize the schedule.
Our Next Virtual Board Meeting is June 23rd at 6pm. All of this and more can be found on our website AshburnVillage.org