Friday Updates and Information - May 1
Posted on May 1, 2020 5:00 PM by AVCA Management
Categories: Friday Updates and Information
Board of Directors Meeting
We conducted our first ever Zoom virtual Board Meeting on Tuesday.
Gayle from the Pavilion gave an update:
- Limited staff working from home
- Virtual classes offered on Facebook
- Maintenance and updates. Our Facilities and Grounds crew have used this time to maintain and update everything, so we don’t have to have a “Close Week” in August.
- We installed a brand new aerobics flooring, as the old one was lifting. The pool deck was power washed and we are getting ready for pool season.
- The Pavilion will be hosting their own “Drive In Movie Night”, more information to follow.
Irene our Covenants Director discussed the large number of applications regarding exterior modifications. Irene and the Committee were impressed with the fully completed forms. If you ever have any questions regarding your application or an exterior modification, please call the office. We are happy to help. The AERC hosted a virtual meeting in April and will host another in May. Please log onto our website as ALL meetings are posted.
Jim Heigl our Finance Committee Chair discussed the financials and a breakdown of costs. Jim discussed with the Treasurer our current banking and Reserve accounts. He also met with the GM to review current contracts and to discuss future RFP’s. We highlighted the contracts that needed reviewing and provided them to the Board.
The Board negotiated with WTS and the pool company regarding services and payment. We are monitoring all spending, so if it was not pre-approved last year or slated in the Reserve Study we are placing it on hold.
The Board approved the following:
- Based on the Treasurer and Finance Committee suggestion, we reinvested expiring CD’s.
- Implemented a new Tree Policy, which can be found on our website.
- Discussed and approved maintaining all Pollinator gardens around the Lakes.
- Maintenance and repair of the Sport Court near the Lakes Rec Center per the Reserve Study
- Impact of COVID-19 on our pool opening and the 4th of July Fireworks. At this point, until the Governor speaks and lifts or modifies the stay, we are on hold. This includes all courts and fields.
Repairs Around the Village
We have received multiple complaints regarding maintenance on sidewalks and curbs. The HOA is not currently performing any repairs. The trucks and cables and sidewalk repair areas are all VDOT. Some of the sidewalks have gaps or chunks missing or are not finished. We have contacted VDOT to come and finish the areas. The County does have a right of passage on certain areas regarding VDOT sidewalks and streets. Look for the red and white signs that VDOT has posted for further information.
We have multiple Kudos & Concerns coming in regarding lights out and trees down. We are actively working to get these resolved.
Townhome residents: please do not park across your yard or driveway apron. We are continuing to tow as some areas are out of control.
Playgrounds Remain Closed
The fields, courts and playgrounds are closed. Homeowners are sending pictures of families climbing the fencing and playing on the new playgrounds. We have posted no trespassing signs. Stay off.
Don't Feed the Geese
The Association pays the Goose Ranger monthly to chase the geese away. Feeding them is not helping our cause. With COVID-19 and the stay home order in effect, more and more families are out walking the trails and lakes. If you continue to feed the geese, you will not be able to walk the trails! The geese flood the trails and common area with their waste.