Ashburn Village Updates - March 20
Posted on March 20, 2020 4:00 PM by AVCA Management
March BOD Meeting Canceled
Due to COVID-19 and requirements for our Board meetings, we have cancelled the March meeting. We will continue to update all homeowners regarding the April Board Meeting. In the meantime we are in contact with the associations attorney in regards to policies and procedures.
AVCA Office and Pavilion Closed
The AVCA office is open regular hours, but closed to the public until March 31st. The Pavilion is closed until March 31st. We will reevaluate on April 1st.
All meetings and events are canceled at all clubhouses thru April 15th. We will reevaluate then.
Parents - Please Limit Groups on Playgrounds and Courts
The Board and Management have children and we understand that kids need to get out of the house and play. With that said, in driving by the basketball courts and playgrounds, there are easily over 20 kids playing together. If we are to properly follow the COVID-19 instructions, no more than a group of 10 should be together. This includes the tennis courts and around the Lakes. Please try to limit the large groups of kids playing. If we all do our part, hopefully this will end soon.
Wingler House is our 55 and older Community here in the Village. They have 264 apartments that rent for lower income. It is located across the street from Farmwell Elementary. Donna and Suzette are the managers and Donna has been there since it opened in 1999. We are following up with them to see what they need. The Loudoun Relief and Food Pantry have been in contact. Wingler has a bus and can transport owners to the grocery store and pharmacy, but they can only take 6 people at a time. The Pavilion has a large bus and Gail is checking with insurance to see how we can assist. Donna said a few owners here in the Village have called to see how they can help. Ashburn Village is the best!
If you have elderly people on your street, in your building, or next door, please check on them. If you need a ride or assistance, please reach out to the AVCA office. We want to make sure everyone has access to the grocery stores and pharmacies.
We have had multiple homeowners reach out and ask if there is anyone in the Village in need.
Annual Inspections Suspended
The Board and Management, on the recommendation of our Covenants Manager Irene, have suspended all annual inspections for the next month. We are hoping this gives homeowners additional time to inspect their own property and unit. This inspection is done to ensure all properties are being properly maintained and to preserve the value of all homes in the Village.
Inspectors will continue to be out and about in the Village to address community concerns and reinspect open violations. Please remember to pull in your trash cans and maintain your property.
What's Going on in the Village
- Jan-Pro was at the Pavilion this morning and provided their enviro-guard in the entire facility.
- This week we finished scraping, power washing and painting the black fencing around the Pavilion pool to match the new kids' fencing that went in on the back side of the Pavilion.
- The lettering was installed today at the Pavilion sign.
- The playground at the Mills is complete.
- The F&G guys installed 3 pole lights this week.
- We redid the wiring and trenched Gala and Jersey Mills to finally have lights working.
- Installed the new outdoor water fountain at the Pavilion.
- F&G worked on scraping and painting all fencing at the pools and courts.
- The F&G guys installed lights at the Mills and Woods. They are starting on the Lakes today. It is very dark at night and these are motion sensor lights.
- F&G guys are installing the new playground signs at the Gloucester playground.
- At the Woods Pool, the conduit and electrical inspections have been completed. They will pour concrete once they get the trenches backfilled. We are waiting on the drains to be delivered, but the trucking industry has slowed delivery due to Corona Virus.
- The rotted wood on the top pergola on the dock was replaced behind the HOA office.
- At the Pavilion, the entire rear kids outside area was power washed, all old sheds were removed and the kids play area/picnic tables were cleaned up/
- The sauna and steam room at the Pavilion were opened up, cleaned and closed down.